Getting a new website to appear on Google
Launching a website does not automatically guarantee your site will appear in Google search listings. You can take a few steps to help Google know your website exists and encourage it to add your site to the index.
01. Create a Google Search Console account
- Create a Search Console account
- Add Property
- Choose property type (usually Domain)
02. Submit a sitemap in Google Search Console
From your website
Every site we build includes the Yoast SEO plugin. Yoast SEO automatically creates a sitemap folder, usually located at yourwebsite.com/sitemap_index.xml
- Find and copy your sitemap address
From Google Search Console
- Login to your Search Console account
- Go to Sitemaps (in the sidebar)
- Add/paste a new sitemap
It will take Google time to see your sitemap and then visit your website to index it.