Pull The Trigger
Pull The Trigger are a motion picture and video production agency based in Dublin City Centre. They asked us to design a new website that reflects their unique personality.
This was a really interesting web design project to take on as it allowed us to work with another creative agency who understands how the creative process works. For us it's a big deal when other creatives trust us with their online identity. It was both challenging and interesting to create a design that is the main showcase of their new brand identity.
Research & Discovery
During our discovery phase with Pull The Trigger, we got a feel for who they are as a team and who they are as individuals, understood what direction they wanted to take the agency and how we could best portray that on their main touch point. After studying their directors showreels we understood that this was an agency that delivered high quality television and video productions yet was not afraid to push the envelope and stand out from all the other white collar video production agencies.
One of the main goals for the website design was a design that would stand out and make a statement without being tacky and overly clichéd. A striking colour scheme was used to compliment the imagery from showreels and the punchy content provided really portrays a sharp and straight to the point group of talented creatives. Red was used as the main colour because of its association with passion, aggression, strength, energy and its ability to temporarily uplift your blood pressure. All of these traits are provocative which matches the look and feel of Pull The Trigger’s brand.
A responsive web design approach was a must, to allow the site's structure to adapt it's layout based on the screen size or device (mobile phones, tablets, laptops or desktops) being used by the visitor.
WordPress was used to create the initial framework for the CMS, which powers nearly a quarter of all websites on the internet. Our web development work greatly expanded on the default capabilities of WordPress to make the system simple to use and tailored to Pull The Trigger's exact needs. The end result of the new CMS gives Pull The Trigger the freedom to:
- Keep their website’s content up to date as their agency evolves and grows
- Add, remove or edit entire pages and check the SEO status of each page to make sure the content is relevant
- Update their list of directors and create links to each director's portfolio reel
- Change the website's main navigation and decide what pages they want their audience to have easy access to
- Allow potential clients to easily contact them through their contact form. The details this form captures can be edited to allow them to more easily qualify potential leads
- Track visitor traffic with Google Analytics